Winter Services/Shrink Wrapping
Winterize your boat to keep it in tip-top shape!
Is your boat ready for winter? At Captain Rod’s Boat Lift & Pier Services, we offer the winterizing services your boat needs to prepare it for the off-season. As your one-stop shop, we also provide shrink wrap to protect your craft during the cold months.
Winterizing services keep your boat running smoothly
Winterization is critical to your boat’s routine maintenance. As part of our winterizing routine, we…
- Disconnect the battery to increase its longevity.
- Fog the motor to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Protect the cylinders with oil.
- Stabilize the fuel to fight passage-clogging resins.
- Run antifreeze through the motor to protect from ice.
- Check the lower unit for any required work.
- Pull all drain plugs to prevent freezing in the engine.
Protect your boat from the elements with shrink wrap
When winter hits, a standard cover won’t be enough to protect your boat from harsh conditions. During the off-season, boat covers can easily fill with ice and snow, causing a great deal of damage. Shrink wrap is durable and seals tightly around your boat, preventing the elements from having any effect. That’s why we recommend shrink wrap to defend your craft against dirt, debris and inclement weather. So, you can rest assured that your boat will be ready for another summer of fun!
Pier Removal and Winterization are Key to Surviving Another Chicago Winter As temperatures drop and the leaves change color, fall reminds us of that most iconic Game of Thrones quote: winter is coming. There’s a lot of preparation tha...